Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wow, This Feels Familiar

It's strange to be starting a new blog of ma vie francaise, because it's one thing to be able to live in Europe one time in your life, but it's an entirely different thing to be moving back for the second time (only about a year and a third after returning from the first trip!). I obviously feel incredibly lucky to be a very recent college graduate who is spending her first post-college year working in Paris :)

This trip will be different because it will be for longer (10 months instead of 4.5 months), and I won't be freezing/freaking out in my courses at the University of Bordeaux (thank GOD). Of course, I will re responsible for the welfare of a 7, 11 and 14-year-old, but I'm really looking forward to being an au pair. And because I've already experienced the difficulties of the French language, French weather, and French culture, I don't feel nervous at all, even though by 9:30am tomorrow I'll be separated from everything I've been used to my whole life for almost an entire year. We'll see how it goes!

Stay tuned, I'll update as soon as I arrive in Clamart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment