Friday, December 23, 2011

Adventures in Clamart

Today was the odd no-school-and-no-activities day for the kids, so I forced Lise (totally against her will to go to the library with me). I felt kind of guilty, because I totally didn't care about the books inside, I just wanted to prove to her that 1)YES, the library actually DOES have DVDs, and that 2) some of them MIGHT be about animals.

It took a lot of coaxing to get her out of the house (me, then her grandma, then her grandma again, then me, then her grandma), but eventually we left. She was on the verge of tears during the first block, but as soon as I bought her a brioche sucre she was happy as a clam. It was like she forgot that she didn't want to leave the house in the first place.

We ended up checking out a documentary about cats and goldfish and a few other pets and how they grow up, a documentary about a man living with wolves (I don't actually know how that one ends. I should make sure it's not another Grizzly Man before we watch it), and a movie about some real life Australian girl who grew up with marsupials, which Lise was SUPER excited about because she had heard of the girl before.

I think her favorite part of the whole experience, however, was getting to use the self-serve checkout computers. And she also really liked the elevators that had see-through doors which let us see what floors we were passing. So that's good, right?

AND, CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY FOR ME BECAUSE THE FIFTH AND FINAL SEASON OF THE WIRE WAS THERE WAITING FOR ME WITHOUT ME REALIZING IT. Best day ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment