Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bordeaux Part II

I realized that I left out one of the most exciting parts of my Bordeaux post :


When I left my host family's house in May 2010, in the scramble of getting out the door, I accidentally left my coat behind and I didn't realize it until it was too late. I loved that coat -- I bought it with money that my next door neighbor Jackie had sent me, and it was warm and flattering and (I think) slimming. So I was kind of devastated not to have it anymore. I tried to get it back, but it was going to be too expensive/too heavy/too inconvenient, so I eventually dropped it.

Well, it turns out that my former host mom has an AMAZING sense of ESP, because she HAD IT WAITING FOR ME WHEN I SHOWED UP AT HER HOUSE THIS TIME. Seriously, who else would hold on to a large coat when the person that it belongs to probably isn't going to make it back there for some years (it's like she *knew* that I'd be back to visit within only a year and a half!!). Anyway, getting my coat back was the perfect end to an already great weekend.

I've been bad about blogging, I'll update more soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment