Thursday, July 5, 2012

Last Week of Work

Our Wifi ("weefee") has been going in and out over the past few days, which is why I couldn't blog last night.

Yesterday, Lise and I made our last cupcakes together before we part.

Apron over her leotard.

Lopsided but delicious.

She was in pajamas by the time we were done!


This week has been a little strange. Tomorrow is my last day of work, and then the kids leave for Nice on Sunday. Obviously I wanted to have a fun last week together, but Lise and I have barely had one full conversation since last week. Anne has been home in the mornings lately, and Lise misses her so much when she's gone that she hasn't been paying any attention to me when she's here. And after school, Lise now only wants to watch TV (either crappy Disney channel shows or the MTV-like reality shows that Juliet now watches). Obviously I'm more sentimental then they are, and I can't hold that against them because they're 8 & 12 and, but it kind of sucks. Lise was great a few weeks ago, but she's been particularly not good lately (flat out "NO!"s for homework and showers, etc). And both girls are SO distracted by the TV, that they don't even answer me when I ask them a question. It's the end of the year and I know they're exhausted, and I hope that's what this is, so I'm trying to not be upset because that will just make me exhausted too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment