Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Night Babysitting!

I took some ADORABLE videos of the kids dancing, but they're taking forever to upload. Anyway, today was unusually simple. Usually, it's only with a lot of effort that I get Lise out of bed by 8:20. But this morning I went upstairs at 8AM and she had already fed herself and brushed her teeth and hair. A little suspicious, but I'll take what I can get. When she came home from school, there was a lot of cuddling as we watched The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and some quality trampoline time with Juliette. And for dessert, Anne had made chocolate mousse and picked up some tartelette au citron because today was Thomas' 15th birthday, so that was fun too. At one point after dinner, I found the two girls sitting next to each other on the couch, and I guess that both of them wanted to be sitting in the middle of the three of us, so they each started offering me better and better offers if I chose them to sit next to ("One big hug" "One big hug AND a kiss!" "One hug and TWO kisses!"). Even Juliette, which was strange because she definitely does not like to cuddle as much as I do (she ended up winning by being in the middle in the end, but on a different couch and through a really roundabout, highly intelligent plan that she had probably hatched even before sitting on the first couch). But she had to endure the joint cuddling of Lise and I, so I guess we won in the end too. 

Before bedtime, Lise decided to start planning for her upcoming theoretical birthday party, writing down her invite list, the songs they were going to play, etc, and apparently I even have some "super" idea for party games. AMELIA FTW. The days when they're cute make up for the days when they're awful for sure. 





No comments:

Post a Comment