Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Sunny Days

I've been behind on my blogging! Things around here have been uneventful, yet very pleasant.

On Tuesday, Mariene and our new friend Kelly and I walked the entire length of the Promenade Plantee, which is a gardenish walking/bike path up high on what used to be a train track. It was cool because we were much closer to the decorative top floor of Parisian buildings than we usually get to be, and we packed ourselves lunches. That was so satisfying. Not only had I forgotten how much I truly love peanut and jelly sandwiches, but it FELT SO GOOD to have lunch that I hardly paid for! Mmmmmm, that was the most delicious part.

We took the path all the way to the very edge of Paris, which meant that we even managed to get some excersize without realizing it.

Then yesterday after work at night, I met up with Mariene, Sarah and Nathalie and her younger sister who was in town, and we got drinks on Rue Mouffetard (followed by crepes at our favorite crepe stand).

Today was especially nice. Sarah and I treated ourselves to a reasonably-priced sushi place that we had stumbled upon, and then we lounged for almost two hours in Luxembourg, where we even got to see an ADORABLE elementary school costume parade for what I think was Carnival. I decided that I should eat dinner at sit down restaurants more often, and that all of my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on other days shall fund this plan. I'm also feeling slightly better about money after making my final travel plans:

Basically, I love to travel, but I decided that I'm going to be content with the places that I've gone already this trip, and with the day trips that I'll be taking as well. This is what I decided my final travel plans will be:

1. Chartres in April (day trip)
2. Possibly Rheims (day trip)
3. Giverny (day trip)
4. Nice! My wonderful host mom booked me a plane ticket to go with Lise to her grandparents', so I get to go for a week for freeeeee in April. Thank you, Anne!
5. Possibly Monaco (short distance from Nice, and I heard that it's really easy to get there).
6. Lyon: I already have my tickets for a long weekend in May to visit Jordan, which I'm super excited about.

And, since I've already been to Bordeaux, Scotland and Greece this time around, I'm not going to beat myself up about not traveling more. I'm really looking forward to using the rest of the money I make to fully enjoy the sights and tastes of Paris, instead of being as stingy and panicked as I have been this whole time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment