Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dinner

What's the logical step when you get tired of kebabs? Move on to pizza, of course!

It was raining in the Latin Quarter tonight (!!) so Nathalie and Sarah and I ducked inside a pizza place for dinner. It was good. And do was the sugar-cinnamon crepe I ate afterwards.

Also, in more important news, today makes a historical day in my life, because today was the day that I was finally able to wrap my mind around the Paris Commune. Seriously -- I have studied it and wikipediaed it multiple times, with no success, but today the book I'm reading (Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne) finally made it clear to me. Basically, it involved France, Prussia, Spain, a strategically-worded telegram, a large cemetery, an archbishop, two seperate French governments, and the fact that people had to eat animals from the zoo in the Jardin des Plantes during the Franco-Prussian war. Good stuff.

No but seriously, I'm really excited about this newfound understanding that I have.

1 comment:

  1. You will have to explain it to us when we see you next month!

    ReplyDelete