Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Musee Marmottan Monet

Today I went to the Musee Marmottan Monet, which I don't have any pictures from because photos are not allowed, but it was a great museum. This year in Paris has taught me that I really really like Impressionists. Also, did you know that Monet painted a lot? Because it's starting to seem that every museum in Paris has at least a painting or two of waterlilies.

The other reason that I like the Musee Marmottan Monet is because of its name. Marmottan is just the name of the person who started the collection, but I like to secretly think of the musum as The Museum of Marmots and Monet....which would actually probably make for a really interesting museum, no?

Also, it's been POURING rain here during the day like never before. And it stops raining every five minutes for ten minutes at a time, which is annoying because nothing is more annoying that opening and closing your umbrella every ten minutes. Today my friend Andrea and I were sitting under the awnings of a cafe in the Latin Quarter, and every so often, a huge pile of water would splash off of the awnings onto the street, giving the people who walked by the experience of being on a water ride at an amusement park at the moment when the log hits the bottom of the drop and two tons of water fall on you.

And of course, three days in a row now, I get home at night after spending a soaking wet day in the city to find ridiculously sunny skies and no rain in sight. And it stays bright and sunny until 9PM here, which just adds insult to injury after walking around gloomy Paris all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment