Monday, April 23, 2012

Photos of the French Riviera

I've been behind on blogging because of my limited internet access and because I'm still in a bad mood and I just didn't feel like it. But I did have a great time in Nice and the surrounding areas, and here are a sampling of my photos!

The view from Francelise & Jean's house.

Clipper!

Yacht show in Antibes. 

Coffee, obviously.

Lise & I in front of the bay of Villefranche.

The church in Monaco where Grace Kelly & Prince Rainier were married. 

The view of the bay next to the village of Eze.

Palais Lascaris in Old Nice.

GELATO in Antibes.

Quai des Etats-Unis.

Jewish Cemetry up on a hill in Nice.



So, you can see it was a great trip :)

Also, the coolest thing happened yesterday. I was in my usual cafe, and I saw a girl who looked familiar but I figured that she worked there or that she had gone to my language school or something so I didn't think much of it. When I left the cafe, I heard someone call my name and it was her. I walked back over to her and she asked me AEPhi's secret question...it turns out that I recognized her because she's a member at Stanford and I met her at our last Convention! She's studying abroad here with another member of her chapter, and how ridiculous is it that we should run into each other by chance on another continent?! When she asked me the secret question, I was in so much shock from hearing it that I forgot to answer and just hugged her instead. The funny thing is that only later that night did I make the connection to another AEPhi story....there's a promotional video that the sorority made for AEPhi's 100th anniversary, and one of the people interviewed in an alumna (who's probably in her 80s or 90s). We played the video at UCI during Formal Recruitment two years ago, so everyone in my chapter knows by heart the story she tells about being in Paris once and running into two AEPhis in the elevator. There's a part where she says that they recognized each other and that suddenly they were in each others' arms, and that's pretty much exactly what happened to us yesterday -- a lot of hugging and shrieking when we realized that we knew each other :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment