Thursday, May 24, 2012

49 Day Mark

We're at the 49 day mark, which is both a lot and a little time. I've got a lot coming up to fill up the days, including Auntie Judy & Uncle Rick, who will be here on Sunday. I can't wait (hello if you're reading this!!).

Yeah, so, apparently France is northern enough where now it's still totally light out at 9PM. And by 10, while I don't think it's fair to describe the nights as light, they definitely can't be described as dark either. It's very strange and I'm not used to so much sunshine. Speaking of, it was way too hot today.

Today, Mariene and Rachael and I went to Sugarplum for the first time in forever, and then discovered a cute little street in between Denfert-Rochereau and Montparnasse called Rue Daguerre. We were there to go to the Oxfam bookstore, which ended up being a HUGE success for all of us, especially me, because Lise has been really into the Spice Girls lately thanks to moi (gotta leave an impression somehow!), and sitting right there in the 1 euro bin was their first album. Yessss.

This week has been weird in that it's been a normal length -- due to the intense number of days where French people don't have to go to work in the month of May (VE Day, Ascension, Pentecost), this past week has been the only complete week of the month. And the people around me are extra tired because of it, you can actually tell the difference, which I think is pretty funny, and which speaks to France's intense passion for vacation time.


No comments:

Post a Comment