Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sleepy Wedneday

As Lise and I walked to her basketball class today, she suddenly got a sharp pain in her stomach. She seemed TOTALLY fine otherwise, but was apparently in too much pain to play basketball. I said we could go home, but that she had to get straight into bed, no TV, etc. And she did, and even though it's the middle of the day, she's been sleeping for TWO AND A HALF HOURS! Yesss. That means that I got to sleep, a-w-e-s-o-m-e (which is what I was doing on Juliette's bed right underneath Lise's top bunk while she probably thought I was reading).

She only has school two days this week (Monday and Tuesday), because Wednesday she never has school, and Thursday is Ascension, so nothing public is open. All the way back in December, the kids had one extra day of school (a Wednesday) so that this Friday they could faire le pont, i.e. make a "bridge" between their day off on Thursday and the weekend, by taking Friday off and getting a four-day weekend. Which sounds great to me (I don't need to work) and I assumed any kid would be excited by that, but every time the subject comes up, they tell me, "Well, it's only because of that extra day in December". So apparently they're still bitter about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment