Friday, May 4, 2012

Politics

As of today, Lise is officially interested in politics. From the moment I saw her this morning, she started talking about the upcoming French presidential election, and it continued until the moment I said goodbye to her at school. She informed me that she hopes Hollande loses -- which was strange to hear, because Eric talks of nothing but how much he can't stand Sarkozy.

I was surprised to hear anything other than a greeting involving the cats or Disney Channel come out of her mouth this morning, but any hopes I had for some newfound interest were quickly dashed when I realized that this sudden interest in France's President revolved around something that Hollande said involving wanted to make summer vacation a whole week shorter. Lise is completely disgusted, and apparently her best friend Clara is too. Which is why it's a good thing that France doesn't let 8-year-olds vote in presidential elections, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment