Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sleep

So, anyone who's spent a chunk of time living with me over the past few years (i.e. best friend forever Talia Hassid, who lived in the same room with me for a year & a half in Newport during our last two years at UCI), knows that my normal sleep schedule was thus:

8:30PM: Get home from work/sorority event (eat dinner if necessary).
9:30PM-10PM: Yawn obnoxiously, complain that I can't keep my eyes open any longer and say goodnight to my roommates, who are still hard at work studying for psych in the living room. Leave and go to sleep.
8AM: Wake up, having slept soundly through the night without so much interruption as even remembering a dream.

Repeat.

So it's been upsetting that for the past few months, I can't fall asleep until after midnight and then I still wake up multiple times during the night. Occasionally this might have happened when I was stressed about stuff, but since I have no real like responsibilities here, it's puzzling.

SO I've been trying to wake up at 7AM instead of 8AM this week to see if that extra hour will make me more tired at night. It's been working so far, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment