Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Going to Miss Them!


Lise has been so pleasant lately, probably because I'm leaving soon. Ahhhhh, it's going to be hard to leave them. There's been a noticeable difference, mostly because she's been letting me make decisions that she usually doesn't let me make. Tonight when we read before she went to sleep, she suggested that I choose the book, and didn't even specify that it should be in French. And when we watched a movie after dinner, she specifically told me she wanted me to choose (as long is it was scary and it was The Witches). 

It's usually really hard to get her to do homework, and she's usually really distracted and absolutely will NOT let me look over her shoulder or ask any questions about what she's learning. But today the assignment was to read a few lines from a story and then in her writing book describe one of the characters. She got frustrated right away and said it was too hard, but I told her it was actually easy and explained that they just wanted us to tell them what the mermaid looked like, and she went, "Oh. This is easier with you". (DUH LISE. That's what I've been trying to tell you for 9 months now). Anyway, I probably got a little misty-eyed when she admitted that. She also told me that she would like it if I was the class' substitute teacher, because I "couldn't be mean". Awwwwwwwww.

We started watching The Witches (with hot chocolate and under a blanket and a cat because it was raining), but pretty soon after it was time to go to bed, and she didn't argue or anything (so strange). When she was in bed, she asked me if we could read for a little (shock!), so I chose a book in English called The Library Mouse. First I read it to her, and then I suggested she try to read some of it outloud in English, and she didn't even fight me on it! Anne came in and heard her reading, and she was really impressed to, so that was good. 

Ahhhhh, I'm going to be legitimately sad to leave them :(

No comments:

Post a Comment