Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rain

It's still raining a lot here. Today on my way to the train station, I was wearing my yellow rainboots (on which I get millions of compliments at home, but which people find strange here), when I ran into the dad of Pierre, whom I get paid to speak in English with once a week. He was standing in line at the bakery on the way to the train station, and the whole family is really really nice, so we said hello, and he said something about my boots which I didn't understand, until finally I realized that he was telling me that my boots are the same ones that fishermen in Brittany wear, which I'm choosing to take as a compliment because he also told me they were really great. And on the way back home today, a woman walking by me exclaimed, "Oh! Quelles belles bottes!". So I'm 2 for 2 today.

I just realised I used the phrase "dad of Pierre", which is definitely Lise rubbing off on me. No matter how much I try to help her, she can't use English possessive Ss, so everything she says sometimes ends up sounding a little bit formal: "the sister of my mom" "the brother of Boule Boule", etc.

I opened my big suitcase and started packing today. It's hard to pack when you're still living somewhere for about a month, but I don't want to wait until the end since I'll be really busy. It's hard though because I can only realistically pack about a quarter of my belongings, but I guess that's better than nothing! I also took down everything taped to my walls. I just wish the weather stayed within one season, because then I could pack all of my dry weather clothes or all of my cold weather colds, mais no. 


No comments:

Post a Comment